Hi 🤗We are hiring a Lead Product Designer to join our Design Team. You will shape what Product Design is at Coverflex, help us build and scale a design remote team and create the foundations for a true customer-centric design organisation.
Compensation is more than a pay-check, and traditional approaches don’t adequately reflect it or the way people work today.
We’re on a mission to change that. We see compensation as everything a company gives their people in return for the work they do. It should be easier to understand, offer, manage and spend.
Long-term, we’re working towards becoming the place where compensation happens and is managed by those who award and receive it. We’re on our way to coining the term “Compensation-as-a-service”.
We’re proud to be backed by leading European VC funds, having raised over €5 million in our pre-seed round led by Breega.
- You ask why a lot 🤗you have an iterative and curious mindset. You hate to lose time and you want to prove yourself wrong sooner than later
- You believe in design as a central force of any product organisation, you actively build a design structure with no silos, where brand, marketing and product are considered together and share the same mindset, guidelines and goals
- You have 6+ years of experience in product design, with experience in shipping user-facing features or products, and a plus in high-growth B2B SaaS and/or Marketplaces
- You have successfully managed product designers in the past (ideally in high-growth startup realities), you are able to guide and mentor product designers, you believe in team effort and you create an environment where product designers rely on each other (not only on you) to evolve
- You understand human-centered design practices, how to leverage design to solve business problems
- You master and you can define UX design processes and methodologies, you are capable to adapt frameworks to different realities, you continuously welcome and try new approaches
- You love story-telling and you can communicate complex user challenges and design concepts in an elegant and user focused way
- You love both executing product design tasks and mentor others while doing so, you can decide when to execute and when to lead
- You have conducted brand identity and brand strategy exercises in the past, and you have a deep understanding on how to incorporate brand in both marketing and product touchpoints
- You have an awesome portfolio full of innovative and original approaches to user problems
On a typical day, you will...
- Juggle continuously and autonomously between being a design leader and a product designer executing with your product squad
- Work together with your product squad on problem definition, lead discovery endeavours, define and conduct user research sessions while gathering quantitative research needed to support your squad hypothesis
- Drive ideation processes from prototyping to awesome UI designs, while involving both your product manager and engineers to gather feedback, ideas and always confront your outputs with the effort of building them
- Be part of (or setup and drive) frequent customer success, customer support and sales syncs and participate on a weekly basis on customer or potential customer calls to gather and hear feedback first hand
- Define and implement processes and tooling to gather, store, organize and share customer feedback throughout the organisation in an effective way, so that feedback can be leveraged continuously
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, data analysts, and customers to bring amazing ideas to life
- Define design strategy, design roadmap and design processes and educate the company on the fundamental aspects and goals of product design
- Work closely with product and engineering to drive the winning strategy to achieve our mission
- Continuously support and mentor your fellow product designers to do all of the above while they navigate their own product challenges
Our hiring process
After your application is submitted we will review it and send feedback. Additional steps include meeting our Product Management Team, our Frontend Team and our Head of Technology.