Compensation is more than a pay-check, and traditional approaches don’t adequately reflect it or the way people work today.
We’re on a mission to change that. We see compensation as everything a company gives their people in return for the work they do. It should be easier to understand, offer, manage and spend.
Long-term, we’re working towards becoming the place where compensation happens and is managed by those who award and receive it. We’re on our way to coining the term “Compensation-as-a-service”.
We’re proud to be backed by leading European VC funds, having raised over €20 million.
As you might know already, we are transforming the way compensation is used and managed by people and companies. This means a lot of things are yet to be created!
First of all we are looking for someone to help us on this journey. Maybe you are looking to help us do it, that’s why you are reading this. Keep going!
Our team is very sharp, collaborative, and energetic: there’s no other way to do this. Detail-oriented people are more than a requisite, it’s a way of living finance-related matters, isn’t it?
Below are the requirements we would love you to meet, some of them deal-breakers, others are a “nice to have”.
You really must have:
Experience with a hands-on finance and team management role;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Portuguese accounting & tax reporting framework and relevant provisions of the legal order;
- Portuguese & English fluency.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience in a high growth environment & experience working for a VC backed startup
- Experience managing a team in a people-centred environment where feedback is a daily tool;
- Experience not only on the execution side but also on designing, implementing and continuously improving processes/workflows within the different Finance functions. We need help solving problems, so you will need to come up with solutions (sometimes creative ones) because uncertainty is sometimes behind the door;
- Even though we have an informal environment, we need someone with a very structured mind and organized approach to work
- Passion and drive! - you agree this is a must, right?
- Capability of working both autonomously and as a team player
- Resilience and tenacity to overcome challenges
- You have the drive and desire to be a part of a growing team that makes a difference for both the company and our clients;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
As a Finance Manager you will report to the Head of Finance, contributing to the growth and consolidation of Coverflex in all functional areas within the team but also providing assistance and support cross-functionally.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Management and overseeing all accounting, tax reporting, auditing and payroll activities, improving and streamlining all processes.
- Team management: you will support & develop the finance team, creating a positive and productive work environment where team members feel supported and valued.
- Improve and implement robust financial controls
- Perform management control activities to support internal decision making and reporting to external investors
- Ensure that the financial processes and workflows are efficient and reliable.
- Contribute, with a strategic mindset, to process optimization with regards to internal cross-cutting aspects of the business;
- Provide support to other teams in all Finance and Tax aspects related to Coverflex’s product and operations.
- Supporting the Head of Finance taking the lead in some projects, when necessary.
The stages for this hiring process are:
- CV Screening and Portfolio analysis;
- Interview I;
- Interview II;
- Final Interview.
For this position, we have a total gross package of 50.000€ to 60.000€ (plus meal allowance, health insurance and other benefits).
Equal opportunity employer:
Coverflex is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered and analysed regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability status.