Compensation is more than a pay-check, and traditional approaches don’t adequately reflect it or the way people work today.
We’re on a mission to change that. We see compensation as everything a company gives their people in return for the work they do. It should be easier to understand, offer, manage and spend.
Long-term, we’re working towards becoming the place where compensation happens and is managed by those who award and receive it. We’re on our way to coining the term “Compensation-as-a-service”.
We’re proud to be backed by leading European VC funds, having raised over €20 million.
As you might know already, we are transforming the way compensation is used and managed by people and companies. This means a lot of things are here to be made. First of all we are looking for someone to help us on this journey, and on your side, maybe that’s why you are reading this. Keep on going!
Our team is very sharp, collaborative, and energetic: there’s no other way to do this. Detail-oriented people are more than a requisite, it’s a way of living finance-related matters, isn’t it?
These are the requirements we would love you to meet:
Experience with a hands-on finance management role;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Portuguese accounting & tax reporting framework and relevant provisions of the legal order;
Portuguese & English fluency.
- +5 years of experience in a high growth environment. Experience working for a VC backed startup is a plus;
- Experience managing a team in a people-centred environment where feedback is a daily tool;
- Experience not only on the execution side but also on designing, implementing and continuously improving processes/workflows within the different Finance functions. We need help solving problems, so you will need to show up with solutions (sometimes creative ones) because uncertainty is sometimes behind the door;
- Even though we have an informal environment, we need someone with a very structured mind and organized approach to work
- Passion and drive! - you agree this is a must, right?
- Capability of working both autonomously and as a team player
- Resilience and tenacity to overcome challenges
- You have the drive and desire to be a part of a growing team that makes a difference for both the company and our clients;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
As a Finance Manager you will report to the Head of Finance, contributing to the growth and consolidation of Coverflex in all functional areas within the team but also providing assistance and support cross-functionally.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Management and overseeing all accounting, tax reporting, auditing and payroll activities, improving and streamlining all processes.
- Improving and implementing robust financial controls
- Perform management control activities to support internal decision making and reporting to external investors
- Ensure that the financial processes and workflows are efficient and reliable.
- Contributing, with a strategic mindset, to process optimization with regards to internal cross-cutting aspects of the business;
- Provide support to other teams in all Finance and Tax aspects related to Coverflex’s product and operations.
- Supporting the Head of Finance in managing the Finance team members, and taking the lead in some projects, when necessary.
The stages for this hiring process are:
- CV Screening and Portfolio analysis;
- Interview I;
- Interview II;
- Final Interview.
Equal opportunity employer:
Coverflex is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered and analysed regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability status.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
👊Unique CultureA team committed to creating a strong and unique culture that celebrates diversity (and weirdness)
👩🏻💻 Fully Remote
A fully remote structure with on-site get-togethers at least twice a year + 1000€/year Remote Work budget
Competitive and flexible compensation, including stock options
🖥️ Workstation & Onboarding Budget
Top of the range equipment and a 500€ onboarding budget to improve your workstation
👩⚕️ Health Insurance
Health Insurance plans, with the option to add family members and update conditions (depends on country)
🌴 Time Off25 day paid vacation days + 3 caring days per year to work on side projects that support causes with a positive impact on our society
📚 Keep Learning
1000€/year budget for your personal and professional development: to buy books, take classes, attend conferences, etc.
🐱🐶🐹 Family Friendly15 additional paid days on top of the legal maximum maternity and paternity leaves. Birthday + kids’ birthday off.
Loading application form